Gluten Free Coconut Flour Flax Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Pre-heat oven at 325 degrees
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup ground flax seed
¼ cup organic unsweetened shredded coconut
½ teaspoon pink himalayan salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup coconut oil or ghee butter melted
⅛ coconut water (or regular water if you don’t have)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
⅛ maple syrup (optional)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Combine all the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat well. Batter will be thick.
- Optional - Stir in dried cranberries or dark chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan (smaller size) and bake for 35 minutes for a convection oven. 40 minutes with a non-convection oven.
- Cool completely before slicing
Note: The water in the recipe can be replaced with yogurt if you want it to be super moist. I don’t use the yoghurt, as I consume a dairy-free diet. However, I did try it using a coconut based yogurt and it was fantastic.
Happy Baking and Healthy Eating